Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day!

I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. I'll see you again on Wednesday. Today we did not have school because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Hopefully, you will check out this link to learn more about this man who worked hard for change.

http://www.usemb.se/Holidays/celebrate/mlk.html

You really should scroll about halfway down that page and read the "I Have a Dream" speech if nothing else. If you want any help understanding it, you can bring your questions to me when you get back from your time off. Have a great day on Tuesday!



Click on this video to watch Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech!


If you want to watch a good movie on your day off, consider "Remember the Titans" because it is a good fit for MLK Day.

2 comments:

jr32222 said...

Cool video!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME VID:) My mom thought so too